Instant Pot Creole Chicken and Sausage is the easy, healthy recipe of your dreams. Andouille Sausage and shredded chicken in a bell pepper, tomato sauce. Serve this creole chicken with rice for an easy weeknight dinner! Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 14 ounce can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 2 bell peppers (chopped into large chunks)
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 12–16 ounces Andouille Sausage (Sliced into 1/2 inch chunks)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1–1.5 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning (see note)
- Rice, cilantro, green onions, sour cream, etc. (for serving)
- Add ingredients to your Instant Pot liner in the order that is listed. So starting with the water, then tomatoes, etc and ending by sprinkling creole seasoning over everything. Do not stir to combine, keeping these layers helps the Instant Pot come to pressure.
- Set Instant Pot to sealing and cook on Manual High Pressure for 9 minutes. Natural Release for 5 minutes, then do a controlled quick release.
- Shred the chicken breasts (either in the pot itself, or remove and shred on a plate then add back in). Stir everything together and season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve over rice and top with toppings of choice. Enjoy!
You can buy a store-bought creole seasoning blend. Or, you can make your own! Here’s a recipe to make a jar of your own seasoning blend.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American