Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto is creamy and easy to make. Let the Instant Pot do all the work! Just a 7 minute cook time for this creamy risotto. Don’t let the rich taste of this dish fool you – there is no butter or cream involved! But you won’t even miss it. It’s easy enough for a weeknight but decadent enough for a date night!
What You’ll Need for this Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto:
- Olive Oil
- Onion and Garlic
- Fresh sliced mushrooms – I like to use Baby Bella but any sliced white mushrooms will do.
- Dry White Wine
- Water or Broth
- Finely grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Chives for a garnish
Making risotto in the Instant Pot is so easy thanks to the sauté function. We start by sautéing our ingredients. First softening the onion. Then adding the garlic and toasting the rice and adding the wine to absorb and cook off the alcohol. Finally add the water and set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure. Super easy. Once the IP comes to pressure and finishes cooking, we’ll quick release the pressure.
The final step is easy. Just stir in the grated parmesan cheese, season with salt and pepper, and sprinkle with chives. Serve up the risotto and enjoy! I love this as a main dish or it’s excellent as a side.
Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto is creamy and easy to make. Let the Instant Pot do all the work! Just a 7 minute cook time for this creamy mushroom risotto. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb fresh baby Bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups water (Can substitute vegetable or chicken broth for extra flavor)
- 2/3 cups finely grated parmesan cheese (about 2–3 ounces)
- fresh chives (thinly sliced or snipped)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the Instant Pot on the sauté function. Add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook onions until golden brown and tender. About 6 minutes
- Add minced garlic and sauté one minute more.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until the liquid is released. About 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat – about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook until almost fully absorbed – about a minute or two.
- Add the water. Scrape any bits off the bottom. Secure lid on Instant Pot and cook on manual High Pressure for 7 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Stir in the cheese, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American