Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto is creamy and easy to make. Let the Instant Pot do all the work! Just a 7 minute cook time for this creamy mushroom risotto. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion (finely diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 lb fresh baby Bella mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 1/2 cups Arborio rice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups water (Can substitute vegetable or chicken broth for extra flavor)
- 2/3 cups finely grated parmesan cheese (about 2–3 ounces)
- fresh chives (thinly sliced or snipped)
- salt and pepper
- Heat the Instant Pot on the sauté function. Add the olive oil. When hot, add the onion and a pinch of salt. Cook onions until golden brown and tender. About 6 minutes
- Add minced garlic and sauté one minute more.
- Add mushrooms and sauté until the liquid is released. About 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir to coat – about 1 minute.
- Add the wine and cook until almost fully absorbed – about a minute or two.
- Add the water. Scrape any bits off the bottom. Secure lid on Instant Pot and cook on manual High Pressure for 7 minutes. Quick release the pressure. Stir in the cheese, a pinch of salt and a pinch of pepper. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Cuisine: American