Instant Pot Salsa Chicken and Rice is perfect for an easy weeknight dinner or meal prep for the week. Made with pantry ingredients in just 30 minutes, I love this easy and healthy one pot meal. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com #instantpot #onepotmeal #instantpotchicken #instantpotrice #salsachicken
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup water
- 14 ounces salsa (About 1.5 cups)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (2 large breasts. Each breast cut into 4–6 chunks)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 14oz cans black beans (rinsed and drained)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- To your Instant Pot, add the rice, water, salsa, and oil. Stir. Top with the chicken chunks and sprinkle over the spices and salt.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid, set to sealing, and cook on Manual High Pressure for 6 minutes. Allow to Natural Release for 3-5 minutes then Quick Release the steam. Turn off the Instant Pot
- Remove the chicken pieces and shred with two forks or leave as chunks, if you prefer. Stir the black beans into the rice and add back in the chicken or serve on the side. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and serve.
Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Salsa – Use your favorite salsa! I like to use Medium salsa, but use Mild if you want less spice.
Instant Pot – I used the 8qt Instant Pot Duo
- Category: Instant Pot, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Mexican