This simple Jalapeño Chicken Chili is just as easy as it is healthy. A slight kick from the jalapeños and salsa verde with a hint of freshness from the lime juice. The perfect chili to wake you up this fall and winter. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com #whitechili #chickenchili #salsaverde
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion (minced)
- 2 jalapeños (whites and seeds removed and discarded, and minced)
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 16oz jar salsa verde
- 2 cans white beans (cannellini or great northern, rinsed and drained)
- 1 lime (juiced – about 2 tablespoons)
- shredded cheese, sour cream, lime wedges, tortilla chips (optional for serving)
- In a soup pot (I like to use my dutch oven for this), heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the minced onion and jalapeño and sauté over medium until soft and fragrant (a few minutes).
- Add the water and salt. Bring to a boil. Add the chicken breasts. Cover and cook over medium for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat and keep the pot covered. Let the chicken continue to cook in the pot for 20 minutes or until the breasts are fully cooked. Remove the chicken breasts and set aside.
- Add the salsa verde and white beans to the pot. Return the heat to medium, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. In the meantime, shred or chop the chicken breasts.
- After 30 minutes of simmering, add back the chicken and add the lime juice. Stir together and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper if necessary.
- Scoop into bowls and serve with toppings of your choice. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American