Made with clean ingredients, no baking required, and stored in your freezer, these Layered Almond Butter Cups are the perfect chocolatey treat at the end of your day. Feel free to substitute peanut or cashew butter for your own spin. With no processed sugar, these creamy cups are a perfect guilt-free way to satisfy your sweet tooth.
Chocolate Layer (top and bottom)
- 1/2 cup all natural almond butter
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- pinch salt
Almond Layer (middle)
- 1/4 cup all natural almond butter (can substitute nut butter of choice)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- pinch salt
- Line a muffin tin with 12 nonstick muffin liners.
- Create the Chocolate Layer. Stir all Chocolate Layer ingredients together in a medium bowl until smooth.
- Scoop a heaping teaspoon of the Chocolate into the muffin liners. Fill all 12 cups like this. You will use about half of the mixture. Tap the muffin tin on the counter to help the chocolate spread evenly. Place tin in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- While the first layer is freezing, mix up the Almond Layer. In a small bowl, stir all Almond Layer ingredients until smooth.
- Remove tin from freezer and scoop about 1 heaping teaspoon of the Almond Mixture on top of the chocolate layer. Using your spoon to slightly spread the mixture into one layer. You will use all of the Almond Mixture in this step. Place the tin back in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Using the last half of your Chocolate Layer, divide evenly among the cups on top of the Almond Layer. Spread evenly with your spoon or shake your muffin tin so the top layer is smooth and even. Place back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes until firm. Enjoy 🙂
Store the cups in the muffin liners in a zip top bag or airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Chocolate