Making a gooey Rice Krispie treat in the microwave is so simple. Perfect single-serving sweet treat. Just 3 ingredients and 1 minute in the microwave. A Microwave Mug Rice Krispie Treat is a favorite by both kids and adults – perfect for the whole family!
- 1/2 tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 3/4 cup Rice Krispies Cereal
- 3/4 cup Mini Marshmallows
- Pinch of Salt, omit if using Salted Butter
- Melt Marshmallows and Butter. Add butter and marshmallows in a microwave-safe mug. Microwave for 30 seconds or until melted. Be careful, the marshmallows will puff up – don’t let them overflow in the mug. It helps to microwave in intervals if this happens.
- Stir in Cereal. Add Rice Krispies and a small pinch of salt to the melted marshmallows and butter. Stir to combine – it will be sticky and gooey.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Rice Krispie Treat for One, Microwave Rice Krispie Treat, Rice Krispie Treat in the microwave, Microwave Mug Dessert, Mug Dessert in the microwave