Month in 5 Photos | August 2018
Hello! I decided it’s time for us to get to know each other a bit better. One of my favorite Radio personalities in Minneapolis does a thing called “Weekend in 5 Photos.” Although I’m not ready to commit to a weekly post doing the same (there aren’t enough hours in the day, ya feel me?), I loved the idea for a monthly post.
I don’t know about you, but the end of summer has FLOWN by! I feel like just yesterday we were rocking our red, white, and blue for the 4th. This month was filled with a little work travel, lots of live music, and quite a few foods on a stick.
1. Early in the month I traveled to Florida for work – here’s to the Floridians that survive that heat and humidity all summer long, I’m impressed. When I landed back in Minneapolis, we rushed straight to US Bank Stadium for the Beyonce and Jay-Z concert. Holy moly, what a show! Their set list was 40+ songs and every second of the show was well thought out. Then just two days later we were at Target Field for an outdoor Zac Brown Band concert. Lots of great music with great company.
2. It’s no secret that here in Minnesota we earn our summers. And the best way to enjoy the weather is spending lots of time at the lake. My parents have a cabin near Brainerd, Minnesota (just about 2 1/2 hours north of Minneapolis). It’s the perfect weekend getaway. Water sports, bonfires, lots of reading on the dock, and of course all the floating in all the floaties.
3. We spent some time celebrating all the August babies as well. Both my boyfriend, Marcus (aka my go-to taste tester), and one of my girlfriends have an August birthday so lots of celebrating. We bar hopped, karaoked, and even did a pedal pub through Northeast Minneapolis. If you’ve never done a pedal pub before, let me tell you… they are hard work! You break a serious sweat pedaling that thing. Let’s just say we earned our beer.
4. At the end of July we moved into a new apartment that actually fits the two of us. And after lots of unpacking, furniture buying, and rearranging we’re finally feeling settled. We celebrated with an Apartment-Warming party with our friends that, of course, included a big ol’ batch of queso. My 2 favorite things about the apartment? 1. The kitchen of course – I finally have a big kitchen island to be able to spread out my prep. 2. The View! I know I’m biased, but I think the Minneapolis skyline is one of the best around 🙂
5. Finally, to cap off the month, the Great Minnesota get together aka the Minnesota State Fair. The Fair can get pretty busy on the weekends so we both took a day off to be able to go during the week. But, of course, we picked a day with lots and lots of rain. We don’t let a little rain (or torrential downpour) stand in the way of some fried food on a stick. My favorite fair food is always the OG cheese curds, but I also loved the Fried Egg Roll on a stick.
What were your August highlights? Any Minnesota readers try a new Fair food?