Month in 5 Photos | December 2018
Happy New Year! Can you believe that we are one year away from 2020? CRAZY! December is always one of my FAVORITE months of the year. I just love the holiday season and go ALL IN for all things Christmas cheer. We also had some pretty mild weather in December. There was a little snow on the ground, but the temps were a little warmer than usual (it’s 40 degrees outside as I type this, in JANUARY).
- Of course, we HAD to take pictures with Santa. There is a group in the Twin Cities called “Dogs of MSP” and they organize different meetups for dog parents and their four-legged children. December’s meetup was at a dog-friendly brewery, Lakes & Legends, and included a Santa photo op complete with a photographer to take the pics. Gus was a little squirmy so Santa had to use a grip to hold him. I laughed SO HARD when I saw the photos. It reminded me of the pictures of babies and toddler with Santa where they are screaming. Gus just was not pleased to meet the big man…
2. Need a fun, easy costume party theme? For my friend Grace’s 25th birthday party she had one request of her party guests… wear a fun wig! I had to go for this bright purple one. We were a very COLORFUL bunch and it was fun seeing everyone’s reactions as we entered the bar. Bonus: no need to actually do your hair. Mine may be a greasy, dry shampoo mess underneath the purple.
3. We’ve been attending weekly obedience class with Gus and happy to report that he graduated Puppy Kindergarten! Moving on to Level 1 to work on things like loose-leash walking, and I am very excited for him to learn more commands. And I think his big ol’ tongue in this photo shows that we have a ways to go ;).
4. I mentioned that I LOVE the holiday season, so naturally I like to take advantage of all the special events happening around the cities. In Loring Park, there is the Holidazzle festival with ice skating, sculptures, and various tents and booths. We missed it last year, so we were excited to be able to make it this year. The event is dog friendly, but we decided to leave Gus at home and we’re glad we did. It was muddyyyyyy. I mentioned that we’re having a warmer winter than usual, so a lot of the snow that we have had has melted and turned into slush. We even had some rain in December. Long story short, Gus would’ve been a muddy mess. Crisis averted.
5. A December photo wrap up wouldn’t be complete without the Christmas jammies. My family always opens presents bright and early on Christmas morning and we typically stay in our holiday pjs all day long. So Gus had to be included! Shoutout to Target for having their family pajamas this year so Marcus, Gus, and I all got to have matching ones. Except, Gus gained quite a bit of weight from when I bought them around Black Friday… Look at that big ol’ puppy belly!
What were your December highlights?