One Pot Spinach Sausage Pasta
One Pot Spinach Sausage Pasta is the perfect balance of creamy, slightly spicy, and comforting. Cooking the pasta in the same pot with the other ingredients results in both more flavor but also easier clean up!
- Author: Kathleen
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Stove, One Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 32 oz chicken broth, or 4 cups
- 1lb pasta, like penne, rigatoni, or ziti
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4oz fresh baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- Cook Sausage and Onion - Heat a medium-large pot or dutch oven (at least 4 quarts) over medium-high heat with the olive oil. When hot, add the diced onion and sausage. Cooking until the onion is soft and the sausage is cooked. Crumble the sausage while it cooks and browns. Add the minced garlic and red pepper flakes and cook for about a minute more until fragrant.
- Cook Pasta - Add the broth and the pasta to the pot with sausage and onions. Cover and bring the broth to a boil and cook the pasta until al dente. I recommend giving it a stir every couple of minutes so the pasta doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Add Final Ingredients - Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach, cream, and parmesan. Stir until the spinach is wilted and the pasta is creamy.
- Serve - I like to serve with extra grated parmesan and red pepper flakes.
Keywords: One Pot Sausage Pasta, One Pot Pasta Recipe, Spinach Sausage Pasta