Rainbow Quinoa Salad is such an easy, fresh, colorful, and healthy recipe to have in your back pocket. I love it for meal prep lunches because it can be eaten cold straight from the fridge. It’s super fast to make! In less time than it takes for the quinoa to cook, you can chop the veggies and whisk up the easy dressing. Quinoa packs a protein and fiber punch! And the vegetables help bulk it up and add a nice crunch.
What brings the salad all together is the easy 3-ingredient dressing. Just olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried oregano. Yes, that’s it! It adds an easy Mediterranean flavor to the salad.
What You’ll Need
- Quinoa – I love too cook mine in broth (chicken or veggie) for added flavor
- Grape Tomatoes
- Bell Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Dried Oregano
This Quinoa Salad is easily customizable. You can sub in your favorite vegetables. Or double up on what I’ve included! You can also add a protein to round out the meal. Chicken is my go-to, but shrimp would be awesome too! Just cook up your protein of choice separately from the quinoa, chop it up, and mix it all together with the other ingredients.
I love quinoa salad as a side dish, or as the main course! It’s great for meal prep during the week. Extra points as an office lunch because it is served cold (hello no waiting in line to use the office microwave). Although summer potlucks may seem an eternity away, warm weather will come! Quinoa salads are one of my go-to things to bring to a summer gathering. No worries about a mayo based dressing sitting in the sun here 🙂
Will you have this salad as is? Tell me how you’d customize and mix it up!
Rainbow Quinoa Salad is such an easy, fresh, colorful, and healthy recipe to have in your back pocket. Perfect for meal prep lunches, a summer potluck, or add a protein for an easy dinner. Quinoa packs a protein and fiber punch! An easy 3-ingredient dressing brings it all together! Recipe at Kathleenscravings.com
- 1 cup dry quinoa (cooked according to package direction. I like to use chicken broth instead of water.)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 large cucumber (chopped)
- 1 bell pepper (your choice of color! Diced.)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions. When cooked, set aside.
- Meanwhile, chop your veggies. And in a bowl, whisk up your dressing ingredients.
- In a large bowl toss the quinoa with the veggies and dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
The quinoa can be cooked in advance to save time day of.
Rainbow Quinoa Salad leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday, Sides
- Cuisine: American