Buttermilk Quick Bread
Quick Bread is a magical thing. No yeast, No rising, and No kneading. Just mix up an easy batter and bake. And this Buttermilk Quick Bread is no exception. A golden loaf of bread with practically no prep time. It’s fabulous as is, or very easy to add other mix-ins to. And a great way to use up the leftover buttermilk in your fridge. Read on for the many ways to use and customize this basic quick bread recipe.
As is, this Buttermilk Quick Bread is slightly tangy, a little sweet, and super versatile. I love it as is slathered with some salted butter. Served alongside a comforting meal like a big bowl of chili. Heck, you can even serve it for dessert and top it with whipped cream and sugar strawberries.
Quick Bread Customizations:
- Apple-Cinnamon Quick Bread: 1 cup chopped apples, 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Blueberry Quick Bread: 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, zest from one lemon
- Chocolate Chip Quick Bread: 1 cup chocolate chips, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Cranberry-Walnut Quick Bread: 1 cup dried cranberries, 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Jalapeño Cheddar Quick Bread: Reduce the sugar to 2 tablespoons. Add 1/4 cup minced jalapeño (without or with some seeds, depending on spice preference), 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, 1 teaspoon chili powder
To make this quick bread, the step are easy. First, whisk together the dry ingredients. Next, mix up the wet ingredients. Finally, combine the dry and wet together and bake. Couldn’t be easier. Dump, stir, and bake.
The hardest part about this recipe is to decide how to serve it. Let me know in the comments how you’re going to eat this buttermilk bread.
Other Recipes Using Buttermilk:
- Buttermilk Biscuits
- Strawberry Shortcake
- Extra Fluffy Pancakes
- Hot Honey Chicken
- Cinnamon Sugar Apple Cake