Cashew Veggie Stir-Fry
When it comes to using up the produce in your fridge, is there really anything better than a veggie stir fry? This Cashew Veggie Stir-Fry is perfect for getting your veggies in. But the star of this plant-based dinner is the pineapple stir-fry sauce. Slightly sweet from the pineapple juice and honey, it brings all the veggies together in one big meatless party. Don’t forget the crispy cashews sprinkled on top!
Ingredients for the Cashew Veggie Stir-Fry:
- Canola Oil – I like using canola oil for stir-frying because of its mild neutral flavor and its high smoke point. You can substitute a different oil, but be careful of lower smoke point oils.
- Broccoli Florets – You can either buy a head of broccoli and chop into florets yourself or your can buy a bag.
- Bell Peppers – I like to use red, yellow, or orange bell peppers.
- Carrots – By using a vegetable peeler you can peel the carrots into fun ribbons.
- Cashews – They add some protein to this meatless meal, but they also add a nice crunch!
- Fresh Pineapple – Pineapple in a stir-fry? You’re going to love it. It adds a sweetness and also a different texture than the veggies.
- Pineapple Stir-Fry Sauce – It’s super quick to mix up and really is the star of the show.
- White Rice – For Serving
- Sliced Green Onions and Sesame Seeds – For sprinkling on top!
Remember, this stir-fry is easy to customize. Go ahead and use up the vegetables that you have in the fridge. Use your favorites!