Creamy Pumpkin Pasta
Pumpkin + Alfredo Sauce + Pasta = Fall Dinner of your DREAMS! This creamy pumpkin pasta is surprisingly easy to make. In the time it takes you to cook your pasta, you can cook a delicious creamy pumpkin Alfredo sauce. Toss in your pasta and watch the creamy goodness fold together. Don’t forget the toasted herb walnuts to sprinkle on top. They add the perfect crunch to combat the creamy pasta.
What You’ll Need for this Creamy Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce:
- Butter. I prefer unsalted, but salted works too. You’ll be able to adjust the salt you add to taste.
- Minced Garlic
- Pumpkin Puree. Not Pumpkin Pie filling
- Chicken or Vegetable Broth. This helps thin out the sauce without needing to add more cream. The sauce is still super creamy but slightly less rich.
- Heavy Cream. Hello rich, creamy pasta
- Grated Parmesan Cheese.
- Ground Nutmeg. Just a pinch of nutmeg adds a nice nuttiness to Alfredo sauce that helps compliment the cream and parmesan. It’s a double win in this pumpkin sauce because nutmeg pairs wonderfully with pumpkin.
The first step of this Creamy Pumpkin Pasta is making the herbed walnuts to sprinkle on top. It’s an extra step that is so necessary. They add a little crunch and texture to compliment the creamy pasta. And the best part is they’re easy to make. First, start by toasting some chopped walnuts. Then toss with melted butter, a little brown sugar, chopped rosemary, and salt and pepper.
While you cook the pasta, you can make the easy pumpkin pasta sauce. I like to use a large, deep skillet or dutch oven so there is room to toss in the pasta. First, melt the butter and sauté the garlic just until fragrant. Then stir in the pumpkin and broth until smooth. Finally, stir in the cream, parmesan, nutmeg, and S&P. Simmer until smooth and thickens slightly. That’s it! Just toss in your cooked pasta.