Easy Hummus Recipe
Take 10 minutes to make this Easy Hummus Recipe using canned chickpeas and no peeling! Puree ingredients in a food processor and serve with veggies, pita, or as a spread. Extra creamy and simple to make from scratch. Healthy hummus recipe that’ll make you want to always make it from scratch.
What I Learned Testing Recipes:
- Canned chickpeas > soaking and boiling beans yourself. The slight texture improvement from soaking and boiling chickpeas, was not NEARLY worth the time it took. So go ahead. Use the canned chickpeas. I promise you won’t notice the difference.
- Peeling chickpeas is a PAIN!
- The real key to a creamy hummus… lots of puree time! Like I’m talking several minutes. Even when the hummus looks done, puree for another minute. I promise this is what makes it extra creamy. And it’s much more doable than peeling chickpeas all afternoon.
Making this simple hummus is so quick and easy. First, add all ingredients but the chickpeas to your food processor. Then blend up for a minute and add the chickpeas. Finally puree for 3 or 4 minutes until everything is so smooth and creamy. You’ll want to scrape down the sides halfway through. And that’s it! Super simple, easy, and healthy.
Now all that’s left is how to serve your hummus! The options are endless.
Ways to use Hummus:
- Veggie dip. I love dipping carrots, cucumber, bell peppers, and grape tomatoes. But pretty much any veggie is a great choice!
- Spread on a sandwich or wrap. Adds creaminess and extra flavor.
- Salad Dressing. All you need to do is minx in some extra lemon juice, water, and olive oil. Delicious and creamy dressing.
- Pasta Salad. Like we did for the salad dressing. Yum!
- Spread on toast. Move over avocado toast! (Just kidding, you know I’ll always love you.)