Espresso Fudgy Brownies with Espresso Chips
Is there anything better than a chocolatey, fudgy brownie? Whether you like a corner, edge piece or the middle, extra gooey piece (this is me!), a good brownie can’t be beat. This is my go-to recipe for a good fudgy brownies. But, with a spin! Nestle now makes Espresso Morsel Chips for baking, and they add such a fun spin on your basic brownies. Mixing in some of the espresso chips adds a coffee taste that pairs so well with the chocolate.
What You’ll Need for these Brownies:
- Stick Butter – I prefer unsalted
- Semisweet Baking Chocolate
- White Granulated Sugar
- Salt – salt is very important in sweet recipes. It helps bring out the flavors and balances the sweetness. I promise it doesn’t make the brownies taste salty at all.
- All-Purpose Flour
- Espresso Baking Morsel Chips – like these!
If you usually only make brownies from a box, don’t fear. Making these brownies from scratch is very easy! Just a few simple steps and these babies will be in the oven.
How to Make the Espresso Brownies?
- First, while the oven is preheating to 350° F, melt the butter and semisweet chocolate. I prefer to use a double boiler set over simmering water, but you could do it in the microwave. But, be very careful. It is so easy to burn chocolate in a microwave.
- Second, while the chocolate mixture cools a bit, prepare your pan. Grease your pan, then line with parchment, then grease again. The parchment lets you easily lift the brownies out of the pan for cutting, and greasing helps keep anything from sticking.
- Next, whisk in the sugar and to the slightly cooled chocolate then whisk in the eggs.
- Then, Fold in the flour using a rubber spatula or spoon and fold in your espresso chips.
- Finally pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for about 45 minutes. Allow to cool before removing and cutting.