How To: Oven Bacon
Bacon. One word that can immediately make you drool. Cooking bacon in the oven lets you make a big batch of crispy bacon for a crowd with no splattering mess. It’s a must have tool in your breakfast and brunch recipe toolkit.
Why I prefer Baking Bacon in the Oven:
- No Mess – No splattering grease all over your cooktop.
- Easy cleanup – By lining the baking sheets with foil, cleanup is almost nonexistent! No scrubbing the skillet after.
- Super quick to make – It takes just about 20 minutes (depending on thickness) in the oven. Gives you just enough time to flip some pancakes or scramble some eggs.
- Bacon is crispy and cooked evenly – By placing the bacon on the foil-lined sheet pan it cooks in its own fat leading to perfectly crispy bacon. And the entire piece cooks evenly – not soft pieces on the same strip.
- Hand off cooking – Is there anything easier than popping a sheet pan into the oven and setting a timer? No fussing over the stove.
- Easy to make LOTS of bacon – This is the foolproof way to serve a crowd.
Now the question is… what breakfast foods are you going to pair with it?
Some of my favorite breakfast recipes:
- Extra Fluffy Chocolate Chip Pancakes
- Cinnamon Apple Dutch Baby Pancake
- Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Caramelized Onion and Pancetta Quiche
- Extra Moist Banana Bread