Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup
Chilly weather means soup season in my book. I love them all. But my opinion, you don’t get more comforting and nostalgic than a classic Chicken Noodle Soup. I love making it in my slow cooker using this recipe. But sometimes, I want the soup made faster. Enter, our handy pressure cooker. This Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup gives you all the flavor and comfort of a soup that has been slow cooking all day long.
What You’ll Need for this Instant Pot Chicken Noodle Soup:
- Mirepoix! – Carrot, celery, and onion. A great base for almost any soup
- Garlic and Spices – I like Rosemary, Thyme, Bay Leaves, and Salt & Pepper, of course.
- Chicken Stock – Chicken broth is also okay, but I prefer the richness of stock. (homemade is even better!)
- Chicken Breasts
- Egg Noodles
- Fresh Lemon Juice and Fresh Parsley – To add at the end for an added brightness and freshness.
Tips and Tricks:
- Making Ahead?
- Don’t add the egg noodles. If the noodles sit in the soup, they’ll soak up the broth and get soft and mushy. Instead, boil and drain them separately. When you’re ready to eat, put some cooked noodles in the bottom of your bowl and ladle the soup on top.
- Freezing the Soup?
- Keep the noodles out of it and just freeze the veggie/chicken soup. When you’re defrosting the soup, boil up some noodles and then combine.
- Have fun with the spices!
- Feel free to add different dried spices of your choice. Thyme, Rosemary, and Bay Leaves are my favorite combo but go ahead and try adding some other dried herbs of your choice!
Now ladle up a bowl, put on your coziest pajamas (fuzzy socks included), and settle in for a comforting night.