Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy and so easy to make. The Instant Pot recipe is much faster than cooking on the stove. AND during the holidays, it frees up a stove top burner. Cook the potatoes and mash them all in your pressure cooker. This Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe is a must for the holiday season.
How To Make Mashed Potatoes in the Instant Pot:
- Add your peeled and quartered russet potatoes to your Instant Pot liner.
- Cover the potatoes with water (about 4 cups depending on Instant Pot size). Season with salt.
- Cook on high pressure for 12 minutes then release the pressure.
- Drain any excess water.
- Add the creamy ingredients. Butter, milk, sour cream, and salt & pepper.
- Mash it all up! You can use a standard potato masher or use your hand mixer if you want creamier, whipped potatoes.
- Serve them up! I like to sprinkle fresh parsley or chives on top. And a pat of butter is always a good topper as well 🙂
Now the question is… what will you serve with these creamy mashed potatoes? Turkey or ham on Thanksgiving. A Sunday pot roast. Pork chops with a creamy gravy. So many options for this comforting side dish.
Check out some other Instant Pot recipes!