Instant Pot Minestrone Soup
Minestrone Soup is an Italian vegetable soup that is hearty, thick, and full of flavor. It often has pasta or rice in the tomatoey broth which just adds to the comfort factor. I love the versatility of Minestrone – it’s perfect to use up whatever vegetables you have left in your fridge. My ideal minestrone is filled with tomato flavor, Italian herbs, and I always add pasta. The Instant Pot allows you to have Minestrone Soup ready in under an hour. Dinner is served.
Ingredients You’ll Need for the Instant Pot Minestrone Soup:
- Lots of Veggies! Carrots, Celery, Onion, Garlic, Zucchini, and Green Beans
- Spices for Flavor! Dried Basil, Dried Oregano, Fennel Seeds, Dried Bay Leaves, Salt and Pepper.
- Can of Cannellini Beans – You can also use kidney beans as a substitute.
- A Jar of your Favorite Marinara Sauce
- Water – because we’re using Marinara Sauce the water thins it out to make a nice tomato broth, without adding another thing to your shopping list.
- Basil Pesto
- Small Pasta – I used elbow macaroni
Making soup in your Instant Pot is so easy. I love the ability to use the Saute function to cook up some of the veggies and spices to get the most flavor. Then just stir in the remaining ingredients (minus the pasta) and cook on High Pressure. Once done cooking and releasing the pressure, all you have to do is stir in the dry pasta and it will cook right in the soup. There are lots of Minestrone recipes out there, but I promise you’ll love this one. By using a jar of your favorite marinara and basil pesto, this Instant Pot Minestrone delivers extra flavor. No sad soups here!