Meatless Quinoa Black Bean Tacos
Taco Tuesday meets Meatless Monday with these Plant-Based, Meatless Quinoa Black Bean Tacos. They are vegetarian and can easily be made vegan! The easy quinoa taco filling comes together in just one skillet. And the Cilantro Lime Quinoa is so easy to whip up that you’ll always want it on hand to drizzle on tacos, bowls, salads, everything. Just because these are meatless, doesn’t mean they aren’t hearty. Quinoa and beans make these filling and protein-packed. Don’t forget your favorite taco toppings!
What You’ll Need for the Quinoa Black Bean Taco Filling:
- Olive Oil
- Onion and Garlic
- Spices: Chili Powder, Ground Cumin, Paprika, Salt and Pepper
- Tomato Paste
- Vegetable Stock or Broth
- Can of Black Beans
How To Make the Cilantro Lime Crema
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (or sour cream or a non-dairy alternative)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves
- 2 Limes – Zested and Juiced
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of water, if needed
- Blend up the ingredients in a food processor or blender! Add a little water if needed in order to thin to desired consistency.
I love having this Cilantro Lime Crema on hand. Not only is it great drizzled on these meatless tacos, but I love it on burrito bowls and salads.
As with any taco, the toppings are key! For these quinoa black bean tacos, my favorites are sliced avocado and some chopped cilantro. But don’t forget about your favorite salsa or some sliced jalapeños if you want heat.