One-Pot Lighter Beef Stroganoff with Ground Beef
Everyone’s favorite, classic beef stroganoff made in just one-pot! Made with affordable ground beef and using greek yogurt instead of sour cream lightens up the recipe. A healthier, affordable take on a classic dish. I promise this no-fuss, lighter beef stroganoff recipe will be a family favorite!
What you’ll need for this Healthier Ground Beef Stroganoff:
- Mushrooms, onion, and garlic
- Ground beef
- Dried thyme, paprika, and dijon mustard.
- 1 box of beef broth
- Egg noodles
- Plain greek yogurt – hello creamy!
This lighter beef stroganoff is truly a one-pot MIRACLE! The egg noodles cook right in the skillet soaking up the broth and some of the yummy beef and mushroom flavor. Stir in greek yogurt at the end and dinner is served! Less mess and less fuss. A double win!
How to make One-Pot Beef Stroganoff:
- First, Cook the mushrooms and onions in butter in a BIG, deep skillet or dutch oven.
- Add in the beef and crumble as it cooks. Then add in the garlic and spices at the end.
- Next, add the flour and cook for a minute until browned. Add the broth and dijon and scrape up any yummy bits on the bottom.
- Stir in the noodles and simmer away!
- Voila! Finally, stir in the greek yogurt, garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Is this classic beef stroganoff not the perfect comfort food? I promise you won’t even notice that it’s been lightened up. And on your table in just over 30 minutes. It’s the perfect weeknight meal.
Want another low-fuss, low-mess recipe? Check out my One-Pot Cheesy Taco Pasta!