One Pot Spicy Sausage Pasta
One Pot Spicy Sausage Pasta needs to be on your winter menu. The rigatoni noodles cook right in the spicy Italian sausage sauce that has both crushed tomatoes and basil pesto. One Pot Pasta is your solution to an easy and comforting dinner.
What You’ll Need for this One Pot Pasta:
- Spicy Italian Sausage – If you don’t like spicy, go ahead and use mild Italian sausage. I used pork, but you could sub chicken sausage if you prefer.
- Onion and Garlic – A must!
- Canned Crushed Tomatoes – Two big 28oz cans.
- Water – This is needed for more liquid for the pasta to be cooked in the sauce.
- Pesto – We not only stir some of the pesto into the sauce, but we also drizzle some on top with the shredded cheese before baking.
- Rigatoni Pasta – You can substitute penne or farfalle as well.
- Shredded Kale – Kale holds its shape better than spinach so the sauce has a little extra texture, but trust me, even kale skeptics won’t care that it’s there.
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese – Sprinkle this on top before baking! You can substitute a different melting cheese.
- Italian Seasoning
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes – Optional, for extra heat.
One Pot Pasta is such a game changing technique! By cooking the pasta noodles in the sauce itself not only do we save on cleanup but we’re also left with a more flavorful pasta. Win-win! After the pasta cooks in the sauce to just al dente, sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on top and pop it into the oven. A flavorful, comforting, cheesy, spicy baked pasta. This One Pot Spicy Sausage Pasta is easy enough to make on a weeknight but rich and flavorful enough to serve to company or for date night.