Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
Mac and Cheese is the best comfort food. Rich, creamy, and cheesy. And even better when it’s made easily in your crock pot. Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is a must have recipe to survive the cold winter. Just add the ingredients to your slow cooker, stir together, and cook on low for a couple of hours. Doesn’t get any easier. Just 5 ingredients (plus a few basic spices) and only a few minutes of prep time. Cooking the noodles in milk and evaporated milk makes this pasta extra rich and creamy.
What You’ll Need for this Slow Cooker Pot Mac and Cheese:
- Elbow Macaroni Pasta – you could also use a different short noodle such as medium shells, mini penne, or farfalle.
- Butter – I prefer unsalted so I can control the salt, but you can use salted butter as well.
- Milk – This provides the bulk of the liquid that cooks the pasta. You can use whatever you have in your fridge! Whole fat, 2%, or nonfat skim.
- Evaporated Milk – Evaporated milk is an easy thing to keep in your pantry. Evaporated milk is essentially milk that has been heated so some of the water evaporates. The result is a dense, creamy, concentrated milk. Using it in this recipe results in a rich and creamy Mac n Cheese.
- Sharp White Cheddar Cheese – you can substitute a different cheese as well! I buy the blocks and grate it myself because it melts better than buying the pre-shedded bags.
- Paprika, Onion Powder, and Garlic Powder – adding these simple spices adds just the right amount of flavor and elevates this Mac!
- Salt and Pepper
I love how easily this cheesy mac comes together. No need to fuss over a roux. Let your crock pot do all the work!