Vegan Pumpkin Energy Bars
Vegan Pumpkin Energy Bars are like Pumpkin Granola Bars meets a cookie dough texture. Best of all? These pumpkin bars are made with clean ingredients and no-bake! Pumpkin puree, almond butter, oats, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, and more just get mixed up in a food processor. Pop in the freezer until solid and you have a healthy, yet sweet, vegan snack for fall.
Ingredients for Pumpkin Energy Bars:
- Rolled Oats. Also called Old Fashioned Oats.
- Pumpkin Puree. Just from a can. Be careful not to use pumpkin pie filling.
- Almond Butter. You could also use Peanut Butter, but I haven’t personally tested it. Hello peanut allergy 🙂
- Chia Seeds
- Pumpkin Seeds. I used unsalted, but if you only have salted, that’s fine! Just add less salt of your own.
- Vanilla extract.
- Honey or maple syrup to make them vegan.
- Chocolate chips. And if you want, a couple tablespoons extra to melt and drizzle over the top. If you want these bars to be vegan, you’ll need to use dairy-free chocolate chips like these. Or you can omit the chocolate.
- Pinch of salt.
Why I love these healthy, pumpkin granola bars?
- Clean Ingredients! The sweetness comes from honey or maple syrup. Fiber from the oats, seeds, and pumpkin. AND protein from the nut butter.
- No baking! I love not having to turn on my oven which in turns heats up my whole apartment.
- Quick to make! Just a few seconds of pulsing in the food processor and less than an hour in the freezer.
- They keep for months! Because these are best stored in the freezer, they’ll last for up to 3 months. But trust me, you’ll eat them before then.
- No long thawing needed. I personally love these cold. So I grab one from the freezer and let it thaw for just a few minutes before eating. You certainly could let them come more to room temperature though.
- Vegan! All you need to do is use maple syrup instead of honey and use vegan chocolate chips and you have some delicious vegan sweet treats.
This recipe is featured in a roundup of Best Pumpkin Recipes. Check it out!