This Red Velvet Mug Cake cooks up in the microwave in only 1 minute! It is moist, tender, and the perfect single serving treat. Top with a dollop of cream cheese frosting for an extra special sweet treat.
Red Velvet Cake
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A few drops of red food coloring, optional
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2–3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix Wet Ingredients – In a microwave-safe mug, mix together the milk and vinegar.
- Mix Dry Ingredients – In a small bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Mix Cake Batter – Add the dry ingredients to the milk mixture and stir to combine. You can add a few drops of food coloring if desired.
- Microwave – Microwave for about 1 minute until set.
- Frosting (Optional) – If frosting, mix together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. I just use a fork to do this. If the cream cheese isn’t soft enough, you can microwave it for just a few seconds so it’s easier to mix.
- Serve – Top the mug cake with the cream cheese frosting or dust with powdered sugar.
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Red Velvet Mug Cake, Microwave Red Velvet Mug Cake