Rich, fudgy Brownies. Because you deserve it.
What brownie team are you on? Chewy? Cakey? Fudgy? I like them all, but my favorite is no question fudgy. Give me ooey, gooey, make a mess chocolate any day.
Do you agree with me? If so, the following recipe is a must. Not sold on the fudgy brownie camp? Well, still give these a try. You might change your mind.
The key to these brownies is using some good chocolate (make Ina proud). I’m a fan of Ghirardelli, but use your best judgement.
I make these in my stand mixer, because I’m lazy. But, go ahead and do these by hand as well!
Makes 9 BIG brownies (or 16 regular size brownies if you’re better at portion control than I..)
- 8oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, chopped. Plus additional butter for greasing pan.
- 1 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Optional: 1 cup mix ins (nuts, chocolate chips, etc.). I used 1/2 cup walnuts and 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a double boiler (a heatproof bowl set over a pot of simmering water) melt the butter and chocolate, stirring frequently. When melted, remove bowl and set aside to cool slightly. Letting the chocolate cool a bit helps make sure we don’t cook our eggs in the batter 🙂
- While the chocolate is cooling, grease an 8×8 baking pan with butter. Add in a strip of parchment paper cut to fit the pan with a slight overhang. And grease the parchment paper again with butter.
- To the slightly cooled chocolate, whisk in the sugar and salt (in a stand mixer or by hand). Once smooth, whisk in the eggs.
- Fold in the flour with a rubber spatula (do not overmix). And then fold in your mix ins, if using.
- Pour batter into greased pan and spread evenly. Bake for 45-50 minutes. When done, a toothpick inserted in the middle will come out with a few moist crumbs. Be careful not to over bake.
- Let cool in the pan (as long as you can handle..). Then using the parchment overhang, lift the brownies out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Pour yourself a big glass of cold milk, and enjoy!