This recipe for Roasted Asparagus is a must to have on hand for spring and summer. It’s an easy side dish that cooks super fast! The results are perfectly fork tender, flavorful, and ready in less than 15 minutes.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, adjust to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, adjust to taste
- Preheat – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prep – Start by preheating the oven and prepping the asparagus. Rinse and dry the asparagus then trim the ends. I like to snap an end off of one to tell how much to trim then use a sharp knife to cut them all at once. You’ll be trimming an inch or two. The ends can be tough and woody.
- Season – Add the prepped asparagus to a sheet pan and drizzle with the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Use your hands to toss together so everything is evenly coated. Spread the asparagus out so it is evenly spaced. You don’t want to overcrowd the pan.
- Roast – Roast in the preheated oven for 9-13 minutes until the stalks are fork tender. The time will vary on how thick they are and your preferred level of tenderness.
- Serve – If needed, give one more small sprinkle of salt and pepper and serve immediately.
- Category: Sides, Vegetables
- Method: Oven, Roasting
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Asparagus, Recipe for roasted asparagus, Roasted vegetables recipe