Oven Roasted Carrots with honey are one of my favorite ways to cook carrots as an easy vegetable side dish . They’re easy enough to make on a weeknight, but decadent enough to make for a holiday. Sticky and sweet and made with just a few ingredients.
Looking to make carrots in the air fryer instead, check out this recipe for Air Fryer Honey Soy Glazed Carrots.
How to Make Roasted Carrots in the Oven
Roasting vegetables is a great way to make a flavorful, healthy side dish for almost any meal. The sliced carrots are tossed with the simple honey glaze and then roasted in the oven until tender and the glaze is caramelized and thickened.
Ingredients You’ll Need:
- Carrots – medium sized that are cut into 1/2 inch slices. I like to slice on an angle for better presentation. You can swap in baby carrots if you prefer.
- Canola Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Red Pepper Flakes – you can adjust the amount to your spice preference
- Kosher Salt and Ground Black Pepper
Should you peel carrots before roasting?
While I often peel carrots before roasting, you don’t need to! You can also scrub them well with a veggie brush under running water to clean and remove any dirt.
Other Easy Side Dishes
- Crispy Roasted Baby Potatoes – Perfectly golden brown and crispy while being tender on the inside.
- Roasted Pancetta Brussels Sprouts – Roasting Brussels Sprouts lets them get perfectly caramelized and flavorful.
- Garlic Parmesan Air Fryer Broccoli – Tender with roasted edges and cooks in under 10 minutes.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Prep in Advance – The carrots can be peeled and sliced a day or two in advance.
- Allow the carrots and glaze to cool slightly for a few minutes before serving. The glaze will thicken slightly as it cools.
Leftovers, Storage, and Reheating
The carrots are best served right after making.
Leftovers and Storage: Leftover carrots can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days.
Reheating: I recommend reheating in the air fryer (lined with foil) or the oven at 350 degrees F until warmed.
Like this recipe? Sign up for my e-mail list so you get new recipe notifications straight to your inbox as well as occasional ‘bonus’ content not found on the blog! Click Here!Print
Oven Roasted Carrots with honey are one of my favorite ways to cook carrots as an easy vegetable side dish. They’re easy enough to make on a weeknight, but decadent enough to make for a holiday Sticky and sweet and made with just a few ingredients.
- 2 pounds medium carrots, peeled and cut into thick 1/2-1 inch slices on an angle
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes, adjust to spice preference
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for serving
- Preheat – Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix Glaze – In a medium-large bowl, whisk together the honey, garlic, oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Toss Carrots – Add the sliced carrots to the glaze, toss to combine, and spread out evenly on a baking sheet.
- Roast – Roast the carrots for 20-25 minutes until fork tender and caramelized. If needed, you can broil for just a minute at the end to get a little extra browning (but do so carefully!)
- Serve – Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley and serve.
- Category: Sides
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Roasted Carrots with honey glaze, honey roasted carrots, oven roasted carrots