Roasted Garlic No-Knead Bread is so easy to make and perfect with any meal! Making no knead bread in a dutch oven is the easiest method for bread making around. Even if you’re new to baking with yeast, I promise you’ll find this recipe easy!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1.5 cups lukewarm water
- 1 large head garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary, optional
- Parchment Paper
- Aluminum Foil
- Mix Dough – In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and yeast. Slowly mix in the warm water using a wooden spoon or rubber spatula. Mix until just combined. The dough will be very sticky and shaggy looking. Cover the bowl with a kitchen towel and let rest for 12-16 hours in a warm, dry place (I keep it on my kitchen counter).
- Roast Garlic – Meanwhile, or even in advance (see post), roast the garlic. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Start by removing any loose, papery skins from the head of garlic and use a sharp knife to cut a thin layer off the top. You want to expose the garlic cloves. Place on a piece of foil, drizzle the cloves with the olive oil, then wrap in the foil. Roast in the preheated oven for 45 minutes – 1 hour until the cloves are very tender. Allow to cool, then squeeze the cloves out of their skins and set aside.
- Preheat Dutch Oven – When ready to bake the bread, preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and add the empty dutch oven. Preheat the dutch oven for 30 minutes.
- Prepare Bread – Lightly flour a piece of parchment paper and add the dough. Use floured hands to press the dough out flat then sprinkle with the fresh rosemary and roasted garlic cloves. Fold the dough over about 4 times so you create layers then shape into a ball, placing seam side down on the parchment.
- Bake Bread – Remove the hot dutch oven from the oven and use the parchment paper to lift into the dutch oven. Cover with the lid and bake covered in the preheated oven for 30 minutes then remove the lid and bake uncovered for about 20 minutes. The bread is done when it is browned with a hard crust. You can also use an instant-read thermometer – the internal temp should be 210 degrees F.
- Slice and Serve – Use the parchment paper to lift the baked bread out and place on a wire rack to cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Bread
- Method: Oven, No Knead
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: No-Knead Bread, Garlic Bread Homemade, No Knead Bread in Dutch Oven, Roasted Garlic Bread