This Roasted Shrimp Thai Kale salad is light and refreshing, yet filling and big enough to serve a crowd. Lots of crunch and color and tossed with a homemade sesame dressing and topped with chili roasted shrimp. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 6 cups shredded kale
- 12 ounces frozen shelled edamame (cooked according to package directions)
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 2 bell peppers (thinly sliced)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup sliced green onions (about 1 bunch )
- 3/4 cup cashews (roughly chopped)
- 2 mangos (diced)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup soy sauce (I used low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 lime (juiced)
Roasted Chili Shrimp
- 2 lbs shrimp (peeled and deveined. Tail off or on, your preference. I buy the 2 pound bag of frozen shrimp.)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (for greasing pan)
Roasted Chili Shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Pat dry the thawed shrimp. In a medium bowl toss the shrimp with the spices. Use as little or as much black pepper as you’d like. I do a few good cranks. On a sheet pan, drizzle the olive oil then add the shrimp in an even layer. Roast in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes until the shrimp are cooked. They will be opaque.
- In a food processor or blender (or you can whisk it together or shake it up in a mason jar), blend all dressing ingredients until smooth.
Assemble the salad
- In a VERY large bowl, toss together the salad ingredients with the dressing. Then either toss in the shrimp or serve on the side. Enjoy!
This salad is best served and eaten immediately.
Once dressed, the ingredients start to lose their crunch. If making ahead or for meal prep, hold off on tossing with the dressing until just before serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian