- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup white rice (dry)
- 2 cups water
Stir Fry Ingredients
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (sliced into strips)
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 1/2 cups pea pods (about 4oz)
- 3 medium carrots (peeled)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425 F. Prepare the chicken marinade. Stir together the soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, and sesame oil in a medium sized bowl. Add the sliced chicken and stir to coat in the marinade. Cover and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinading, prepare the rice and vegetables. Bring the 2 cups of water to a boil in a small saucepan. Once boiling, add the rice. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 13-16 minutes. Set aside when finished.
- Prepare the vegetables. Slice the bell peppers into 1/4 inch strips. Slice the carrots into 1/4 inch thick rounds. Finally, slice the red onion into 1/4 inch slices.
- On a sheet pan, place the prepped vegetables. Drizzle with the olive oil and toss to coat. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, add the marinaded chicken (do not dump, as you don’t want all off the marinade on the sheet. Drizzle the vegetables with about 1/3 cup of the excess marinade.
- Roast the sheet pan in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the chicken pieces are cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve with the cooked rice.
If you have a preferred, store bought teriyaki or Asian marinade, you can substitute for the homemade marinade.
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian