This Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken checks all the boxes. Only 5 ingredients. Perfect for meal prep. And made right in your crockpot. Serve with rice and steamed veggies for a filling, healthy weeknight meal. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
Honey Garlic Chicken
- 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch (optional, to thicken )
Rice and Veggies
- 1.5 cups dry white rice (cooked according to package directions)
- 2 packages frozen steamer veggies* (veggies of choice)
- In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix up the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and chili garlic sauce. I like to use a fork or whisk to combine. In the insert of your slow cooker, add the chicken breasts and pour over the sauce.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. When the chicken breasts are fully cooked, remove onto a plate and shred with two forks. To the sauce left in the slow cooker, whisk in the cornstarch. Add back in the shredded chicken and stir to combine. Cook on High for 15-20 minutes to allow sauce to thicken and coat the chicken.
- About 30 minutes before serving, cook the white rice according to package directions. Then just before serving, cook the veggies.
- Serve and enjoy! Or divide into meal prep containers and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
*Feel free to use fresh veggies and steam or boil them as well!
- Category: Main Dish, Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American