Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese is rich, creamy, and so easy to make! Make it for a family favorite dinner, potluck, or a side for Thanksgiving when you’re short on oven space. Just 5 ingredients (plus a few basic spices) and only a few minutes of prep time.
- 1 lb elbow macaroni pasta
- 3 cups milk, I used skim, but 2% or whole milk works too
- 12 ounce can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 16 ounces cheese, shredded. *see note
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare Slow Cooker. Spray a 4qt or larger slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Combine Ingredients. Add all ingredients and stir together.
- Slow Cook. Cover and cook on low for 2 1/2-3 hours. Stir every hour until tender and creamy. If it is too thick, you can stir in a little more milk as needed to loosen it up. Serve immediately or turn the the ‘warm’ setting.
Cheese: I used 2 8oz blocks of sharp white cheddar that I shredded myself. You can also use pre-shredded cheese in bags, but it doesn’t melt as smoothly. I like to use my food processor’s shredding disc to make quick work of shredding cheese. Feel free to use a different cheese of your choice!
Leftovers: Leftovers can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Category: Main Dish, Slow Cooker, Side
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese, Thanksgiving Mac and Cheese, Crock Pot Mac and Cheese, Thanksgiving Side Dish