Slow Cooker Pork Ragu is comforting, filling, and made easily in your crock pot. Made using mainly pantry ingredients, it’s a perfect meal for Sunday dinner. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com.
- 2 1/2 lb pork shoulder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil (optional for browning)
- 1 28oz can whole tomatoes
- 2 medium carrots (diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (diced)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup red wine (can substitute white wine or broth)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- grated parmesan (for serving)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (minced)
- 1 lb pappardelle (or other pasta for serving)
- Optional: Brown the pork shoulder. Sprinkle the pork liberally on all sides with salt and pepper. In a cast iron skillet, heat the oil to medium-high heat. Brown the pork on all sides (about 2 minutes per side). Transfer the browned pork to your slow cooker insert.
Note: Even if you are not browning the pork shoulder, still salt and pepper the pork.
- In the slow cooker insert, add the pork, tomatoes, carrots, onion, whole garlic cloves, wine, and dried oregano. Cover and cook for 4-5 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- 30 minutes before serving, cook the pasta according to package directions. When the pork is done cooking, shred the pork shoulder with two forks. Stir together with the cooking liquid and fold in the parsley.
- Serve with the cooked pasta and shredded parmesan. Enjoy!
- Category: Main Dish, Slow Cooker
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: Italian