Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is filled with white beans, shredded chicken, corn, green chiles, and a creamy broth. This recipe lets your crockpot do all the work and it’s lighter than traditional recipes. It also keeps great for leftovers!
- 1lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 medium White or Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced Garlic
- 4 cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 2 15oz cans Great Northern Beans, or Cannellini Beans. Rinsed and drained
- 2 4oz cans diced Green Chiles
- 1 15oz can Corn Kernels, drained
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cayenne Pepper
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese, cubed
- Chopped Fresh Cilantro, optional for topping
- Add Ingredients. add all ingredients, except for the cream cheese and fresh cilantro, to a large slow cooker. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours, until the chicken is cooked and the onions are tender.
- Shred Chicken and Add Cheese. Remove chicken breasts, shred, and return to slow cooker. Add the cubed cream cheese, stir, and cook on high (covered) for about 15 minutes until the cream cheese is melted and the chili is creamy.
- Finish Chili. Taste chili and adjust salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve. Serve bowls topped with fresh cilantro. Other topping ideas include: tortilla strips, shredded cheese, diced avocado, or a lime wedge.
- Category: Slow Cooker, Soups, Mains
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili, Crockpot White Chicken Chili, Lighter White Chicken Chili, Healthier White Chicken Chili