Easy S’Mores Bars are such a fun dessert for summer. Only 5 simple ingredients! The combination of the buttery graham cracker crust, melted Hershey chocolate bar layer, and toasty mini marshmallows on top gives you the flavors of s’mores without the bonfire. Make ahead and freezer friendly!
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter, melted
- 14–16oz Hershey’s Chocolate Bars, I used 9 1.55oz bars commonly used for s’mores
- mini marshmallows
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch pan with foil then grease the foil well with cooking spray.
- Make Graham Cracker Crust – In a medium bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter. It should be a similar consistency to wet sand and you should be able to press it together.
- Bake Crust – Press the graham cracker crust mixture into your prepared pan in an even layer. Bake in the preheated oven for 7-8 minutes until the edges are golden brown. The crust will harden when it cools. Turn off the oven.
- Chocolate Layer – Immediately layer the Hershey’s bars on top of the graham cracker crust. You may need to break up a bar or two to do the edges. The crust should be completely covered. Place the pan in the still warm oven for 1-2 minutes until the chocolate is melted. Remove from the oven and use a rubber spatula to gently smooth out the chocolate.
- Marshmallow Layer – Add the mini marshmallows in an even layer covering the melted chocolate. You can either place the marshmallows one by one or gently add the marshmallows by the handful in a layer. Place the pan in the oven and turn the broiler on to high. Broil for 1-3 minutes until the marshmallows are golden brown. Make sure to watch the marshmallows the entire time! They can easily go from browned to burnt quickly. It’s better to take the pan out too early and have to add back to the oven than too late.
- Cool and Cut – Let the bars cool at room temp for 15 minutes then transfer to the fridge until fully chilled and the chocolate has hardened. To cut the bars, dip a sharp knife in hot water and wipe off and repeat in between cuts. Using a clean knife that is warm helps keep it from sticking to the marshmallows.
- Enjoy! Serve the bars at room temperature. But I recommend keeping leftovers in the fridge for storage and optimal freshness.
Leftover s’mores bars can be stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days. Layer parchment or wax paper in between the bars to keep them from sticking together. I prefer to store them in the fridge for optimal freshness, but you can store at room temperature if you’re eating them sooner. Allow the bars to come to room temperature before enjoying.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: S'Mores Bars, Smores Bars, S'Mores Bars recipe, easy s'mores bars