Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies are a major upgrade from the recipe on the bag, but don’t take any more effort. The results are buttery, soft, tender cookies. The recipe even uses melted butter so no need to wait for the butter to soften.
- 1 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 cup white granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream Wet Ingredients – In a stand mixer or large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the melted butter and sugars until creamy and combined. Add the vanilla and eggs, beat on low speed until just combined. Be careful not to overtax.
- Add Dry Ingredients – Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and slowly mix in until combined. Fold in the chocolate chips with a wooden spoon or rubber spatula.
- Roll into Balls – Roll the cookie dough into about 24 balls. Place on prepared cookie sheets with space in between for the cookies to spread.
- Bake – Bake the cookies for 10-12 minutes – the cookies are ready to be removed from the oven when the edges are only barely getting golden brown and they are puffy looking (see the picture above in the blog post). Make sure you do not overtake. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. As they cool, they will sink slightly and finish baking.
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies, Simple Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe