These Sticky Asian Meatballs are extra flavorful thanks to our Hoisin-based sauce. Perfect for a meal with a side of rice and veggies, or serve as an appetizer at your next party. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com
- 2 lbs ground beef (or ground pork)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- extra sliced green onions, sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together meatball ingredients until well combined. Form mixture into balls, about 1-1.5 inches. Place the balls on the greased baking sheets about an inch apart. Bake for 10-13 minutes until the meatballs are lightly browned on the outside and cooked all the way through.
- While the meatballs are cooking, whisk the Asian Sauce ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- To sauce the meatballs… you can either dump them into the sauce and pull out using tongs or a fork, you can pour over the sauce, or use a toothpick and dip the meatballs one by one. Sprinkle sauced meatballs with extra sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- If you would like to keep these warm, you can also place the cooked meatballs in a slow cooker and pour over the sauce and then keep on the ‘Keep Warm’ or ‘Low’ setting.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Dish
- Cuisine: Asian