How is your summer going? I can’t believe that it’s already July! The season is flying by. Probably because we skipped spring – went straight from a foot of snow in April to 100 degree weather in May and June. Are you managing to stay cool? This sorbet recipe will definitely help.
Perfectly sweet and refreshing. It’s amazing eaten on a hot summer day. There’s no churning in an ice-cream maker required. You’ll just need a strong blender or food processor to pulse up the frozen strawberries and watermelon.
This is a great way to use up some of the leftover strawberries and watermelon you stocked up on at the Farmer’s Market. On top of the fruit all you need is some sugar, water, and lemon juice. Easy.
Refreshing and sweet, a perfect cool treat for a hot summer day. This sorbet takes just 4 ingredients, some blending, and it’s ready to enjoy.
#summertreat #fruitsorbet #vitamix #foodprocessor #nochurnsorbet
- 5 cups seedless, frozen, cubed watermelon
- 1.5 cups frozen sliced strawberries
- 3/4 cup white granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cold water
- In a blender or food processor, blend all ingredients together. You may need to scrape down the sides and stir occasionally. If your machine is still having trouble processing the frozen fruit, you can add more water as needed.
- Enjoy immediately or place into a freezer proof container and freeze until you are ready. Remove from the freezer about 5 minutes before to allow to soften.
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American