Sweet Potato Southwest Salad is plant-based, vegetarian, and tossed together with an easy Avocado Greek Yogurt Dressing. This salad is so simple but so good. You’ll want to put the dressing on everything and the warm roasted sweet potatoes add a fun spin!
- 2 medium-large sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Kosher Salt
- Ground black pepper
Avocado Greek Yogurt Dressing
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2–3 large romaine hearts, chopped
- 1 14oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14oz can corn kernels, rinsed and drained
- Roast the Sweet Potatoes. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Toss the sweet potatoes cubes with olive oil, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne pepper (if using). You can do this in a bowl or right on the baking sheet. Spread into an even layer on a baking sheet and roast for 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway, until the sweet potatoes are starting to brown and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Make the Greek Yogurt Dressing. In a food processor or blender, mix together the dressing ingredients until smooth. Taste and adjust lime juice and salt, if necessary.
- Toss together the salad. Toss the lettuce, corn, beans, sweet potatoes, and dressing together in a large bowl. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Leftovers? This salad is best eaten immediately. I’ve eaten leftovers the next day but the dressing will start to brown due to the avocado.
- Category: Salads, Meatless Monday
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Southwest salad, greek yogurt dressing, avocado dressing, roasted sweet potato salad