Homemade Double Chocolate Granola is vegan and super easy to make! Big crunchy clumps and clusters are the best to snack on! Best of all? This chocolate granola keeps fresh for weeks or frozen for months.
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flaxseeds
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped chocolate pieces, I like dark chocolate
- Flaky sea salt, optional
- Prep – Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F and grab a standard sized baking sheet. Line the baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner for easy granola removal.
- Mix Granola – In a large, heatproof bowl mix together the melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, cocoa powder, salt, and cinnamon. If the mixture gets too thick to stir, you can microwave it for a few seconds to thin it out. Fold in the oats and flax seeds to the mixture until it’s all coated.
- Bake – Spread granola mixture on the lined sheet pan and spread into an even layer. Bake for 30-35 minutes, giving it a quick stir halfway through. The granola is done when the oats are lightly toasted and light golden brown.
- Add Chocolate – Remove granola from the oven and immediately sprinkle over the chopped chocolate. The warm granola will start to melt the chocolate. Give the granola a couple swirls so that the melted chocolate clumps the granola together. Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired.
- Cool and Break Apart – Allow the granola to fully cool – I like to pop it in the fridge to speed up the process. Break apart the cooled granola into clusters and store or enjoy.
Leftovers: Leftover granola can be stored in an airtight container for up to 1 week at room temperature or 3-4 weeks in the fridge.
- Category: Snacks, Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Chocolate Granola Recipe, Dark Chocolate Granola, Homemade Chocolate Granola, Vegan Granola Recipe, Allergen Friendly Granola