Vegan Instant Pot Lentil Soup is the perfect soup recipe to get your fill of veggies! It’s loaded with butternut squash, potatoes, carrots, celery, lentils, and kale. Filled with veggies but still super filling from the lentils and potatoes. Cooking in the pressure cooker makes the soup nice and thick and creamy.
- 2 cups cubed butternut squash
- 2/3 cup diced carrots
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- 2/3 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 2 cups diced russet potatoes
- 1 cup brown or green lentils
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, adjust to preference
- Pinch of Ground Black Pepper
- 4 cups vegetable stock or broth, plus additional to thin out soup as needed
- 2 cups shredded kale
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add Ingredients. First, add all ingredients except for the kale, olive oil, and lemon juice to the liner of your Instant Pot.
- Pressure Cook. Cover Instant Pot and set to sealing. Cook on manual high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow to natural release for 10 minutes before quick releasing the remaining pressure.
- Add Final Ingredients. Stir in shredded kale, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stir until kale is wilted. If you prefer a thinner soup, you can add a splash of more stock or broth to thin out.
- Serve and Enjoy!
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 4 days or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Instant Pot Lentil Soup, Vegan Lentil Soup, Vegan Instant Pot Lentil Soup, Vegan Soup Recipes, Vegan Instant Pot Recipes