Vegan Mexican Quinoa Bake is healthy, filling, and uses all pantry staple ingredients! It takes just minutes of prep then into the oven to bake. This casserole is family friendly, perfect for Meatless Monday, or for a healthy meal prep.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 medium yellow or white onion (chopped)
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 15oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes (can substitute regular diced tomatoes)
- 1 4oz can diced green chiles
- 1 15oz can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 15oz can corn kernels (rinsed and drained)
- 1 packet taco seasoning (about 3–4 tablespoons)
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- squeeze of fresh lime juice, chopped fresh cilantro, chopped avocado (optional topping ideas)
- Preheat oven to 375ºF. Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Add all prepped ingredients to the casserole dish and stir together to combine.
- Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove dish from oven, stir, and bake for another 35-45 minutes. Remove the foil for the last 5-10 minutes.
- The quinoa bake is done when the quinoa is cooked, the liquid is absorbed, and the sweet potatoes are fork tender.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before serving. If desired, top with a sprinkle of cilantro, a squeeze of lime juice, and chopped avocado.
Leftover quinoa bake can be kept in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Category: Main Dish, Meatless Monday
- Cuisine: Mexican