Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan is a healthier alternative to the comforting favorite! Still a moist piece of chicken with a crispy, golden coating. A super easy dinner for two made in your air fryer. Perfect for date night or make a double batch to serve the whole family!
- 8oz Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast, either 2 small or one large cut in half lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons finely shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian Style Breadcrumbs
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Marinara Sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Cooking Spray
- Prepare the Chicken and Breading. Pound the two pieces of chicken so they are an even thickness (this helps them cook evenly). In a shallow bowl, whisk up the egg. In a second shallow bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Dredge Chicken. Spray air fryer basket with cooking spray. Dredge chicken by dipping in the egg then dredging in the breadcrumb mixture – coating both sides fully. Place chicken in sprayed air fryer basket and repeat with second piece.
- Air Fry. Air fry chicken at 375 degrees F for 6 minutes, gently flip, then cook for 6 more minutes.
- Top with Marinara and Cheese. Top the chicken pieces with the marinara and sprinkle with the mozzarella cheese. Air fry again at 350 degrees F for 3-4 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden.
- Serve and Enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Mains, Dinner
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan, Chicken Parmesan for Two, Air Fryer Chicken Recipe