Air Fryer Monkey Bread is a delicious, sweet breakfast recipe that is so easy to make and uses canned refrigerated biscuit dough. Perfect for a weekend family breakfast or holiday morning. Sticky and crunchy on the outside, super soft on the inside, and drizzled with an easy 2-ingredient icing.
- 1 16oz can Refrigerated Biscuits
- 1/4 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Salted Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup packed Brown Sugar, light or dark
- 1/2 cup chopped Pecans
- Cooking Spray or Oil, to grease pan
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1–2 tablespoons Milk
- Prep Biscuits. Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces. You can leave them as is, or roll into balls. Add to a bowl and toss with the granulated sugar and cinnamon until evenly coated. In a separate small bowl, mix together the melted butter and brown sugar, set aside.
- Layer Monkey Bread. Spray a small cake pan (that fits in your air fryer, see note) with cooking spray or grease with oil. Layer half of the pecans on the bottom. Top with the biscuit pieces, pressing into an even layer. Be aware that the biscuits will rise and almost double in size when baking. Evenly drizzle over the butter/brown sugar mixture and sprinkle the remaining pecans on top.
- Air Fryer. Air Fry at 325 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes (depending on pan size). I recommend carefully, loosely tenting with foil after 15 minutes to avoid excess browning. When done the monkey bread will be browned on top and feel set when gently pressed or the pan is given a jiggle. A toothpick inserted in the center should not feel ‘doughy’ when inserted and come out clean. come out
- Cool and Flip. Carefully lift pan out of air fryer and allow to cool for 5 minutes before carefully inverting upside down onto a plate. The Monkey Bread should easily slide out since the pan was greased, if not you can give the bottom a tap or run a butter knife around the sides to loosen.
- Icing. In a small bowl, mix up the powdered sugar with the milk. Slowly adding milk until the right consistency is formed. Drizzle icing over monkey bread and serve.
Cake Pan Size: Pictured is a 6-inch round cake pan. This is the smallest that I recommend using. The biscuit pieces just fit but it did rise up above the sides and bubble over. You can also use a 7-inch round cake pan, or even a square pan. The key is it needs to fit in your air fryer basket your air fryer basket needs to be deep enough to leave room for rising. If your pan is smaller, you can also skip a few of the biscuit pieces.
- Category: Breakfast, Air Fryer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Monkey Bread Recipe, Biscuit Monkey Bread, Air Fryer Monkey Bread, Air Fryer Biscuit Monkey Bread