Air Fryer Sesame Chicken Thighs are tender, juicy, and flavorful. Mix up an easy sesame marinade with pantry ingredients and cook them in your air fryer in just 15 minutes.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, about 4 thighs
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sriracha
- Sliced Green Onions and Sesame Seeds, for serving
- Mix Marinade – In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, mix up the marinade ingredients (soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, and sriracha).
- Marinate Chicken Thighs – Add the chicken thighs to a bowl or bag and pour in about half of the marinade (about 1/4 cup) – toss so the chicken is coated. Reserve the other half of the marinade. Marinate the chicken in the fridge, covered, for up to overnight (I recommend at least 1 hour) and store excess marinade in the fridge.
- Add to Air Fryer – Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray and add the chicken thighs. Discard any excess marinade in the bowl from the chicken
- Air Fry – Air fry at 400 degrees F for 14-16 minutes, until the internal temp is 170-175 degrees F. If your air fryer is prone to smoking, my tip is to add a little water to the bottom of the basket (underneath the air fryer rack) to help dilute the dripping marinade.
- Reduce Reserved Marinade – While the chicken thighs cook, reduce the reserved marinade in a small pot over medium-low heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until it reduces slightly and thickens. This only takes a few minutes.
- Serve – Serve the chicken thighs with your sides of choice, drizzle with the sesame sauce, and sprinkle with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- Category: Main
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Asian
Keywords: Air Fryer Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Sesame Chicken Thighs, Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken