Refreshing Shrimp Orzo Salad loaded with green from the cucumbers, scallions, parsley, and dill. Dressed with an easy lemon-olive oil dressing. Make it the night before for an easy summertime, party dish. Recipe at KathleensCravings.com #pastasalad #shrimpsalad #makeahead #entertainingfood
Shrimp Orzo Salad
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 2 lbs shrimp (peeled and deveined. 16 to 18ct per pound)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions (white and green parts)
- 1 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 large hothouse cucumber (diced)
- salt and pepper
- 3 large lemons (zested and juiced)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Fill a large pot with water and a generous pinch of salt. Bring the water to a boil and add the orzo. Cook according to package directions until al dente. Drain and pour into a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the shrimp on a sheet pan and drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Toss shrimp to combine with the oil and s & p. Roast in the preheated oven for 5 to 6 minutes, until the shrimp are pink and cooked through. Be careful not to overcook.
- Make the dressing: Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- To the large bowl with the orzo, add the cooked shrimp, scallions, dill, parsley, and cucumber. Pour over the dressing. Toss well and season with salt and pepper.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour omg overnight to let the flavors blend together.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Dish
- Cuisine: American