This Caramelized Onion and Pancetta Quiche can be eaten for almost any meal. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, or even dinner! It’s a classic for Easter, baby or bridal showers, Mother’s Day and more. This quiche recipe looks very impressive and elegant but it is actually simple to make.
- 1 pie crust, store bought or homemade
- 4 ounces diced pancetta
- 1 medium-large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Blind Bake crust. Roll your pie dough into a 12-inch diameter circle. Place into your pie dish and gently press it in place. Crimp the edges with your fingers. Chill the pie crust for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line your crust with parchment paper and fill with pie weights. Bake the chilled crust for 15 minutes – the edges should be just starting to brown. After crust is done, lower oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook Pancetta. Meanwhile, start your filling. First, in a large skillet cook the pancetta over medium until lightly browned About 3 minutes. Remove from skillet.
- Caramelize Onions. To same skillet, add the butter and onion. Caramelize over medium heat until well softened and golden. About 15-20 minutes. Add spinach to cooked onions. Toss together until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat and add back in pancetta.
- Egg Filling. In a large bowl with a hand mixer or a whisk, mix the eggs, half and half, pepper, and salt until well combined.
- Prepare Quiche. Sprinkle the onion, spinach, and pancetta filling over the bottom of your partially baked pie crust. Slowly pour over the egg mixture.
- Bake. Bake quiche at 350 for 45-55 minutes. After about 30 minutes you may want to loosely cover with foil so the crust doesn’t get too brown. The quiche is done when the center is just set. Allow to rest and cool for 20 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Oven, Stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pancetta Quiche, Spinach Quiche Recipe, Spinach and Pancetta Quiche, Easter Quiche, Easter Recipe, Mother's Day Recipe, Brunch Recipe