This Jalapeño Popper Dip recipe is cheesy, easy to make in advance, and a crowd pleaser. The spice level is very customizable to your preference and this recipe is super easy to make. It’s the perfect appetizer for any holiday party – prep it the day before then bake it right before. Easy, cheesy, and delicious!
- 4–6 jalapeños, depending on size and preference)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread Crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Broil the Jalapeños. Preheat the broiler. Cut the jalapeños in half and remove the whites and seeds. Place cut side down on a baking sheet. Broil them for 1-2 minutes, until the skins blacken and bubble. Remove from the broiler. When cool enough to handle, peel off and discard the outer skin, then dice the peppers. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Mix the Dip. In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese and sour cream (by hand or using an electric hand mixer). Add the cheddar cheese, ¾ of the Parmesan, the diced jalapeños, garlic salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Mix the Topping. In a separate medium bowl, mix the bread crumbs, melted butter, the remaining Parmesan cheese, and the parsley.
- Prepare Dip for Baking. Spoon the jalapeño dip mixture into an 8×8-inch baking dish or a medium cast iron pan. Spread in an even layer. Sprinkle the bread crumb topping evenly on top.
- Bake. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until hot, bubbly around the edges and the bread crumbs are golden brown. If the bread crumbs are getting too brown before the cheese dip is hot and bubbly, loosely cover with foil.
- Serve and Enjoy! Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.
Make Ahead: Dip can be made ahead the day before and kept in the fridge and baked right before serving.
- Category: Appetizers, Dips
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Jalapeño Popper Dip, Cheesy Jalapeño Dip, Holiday Party Dip, Holiday Party Appetizer, Cast Iron Skillet Dip